Our Materials

We want to reveal to you which materials we use in the production of our jewelry, how they differ and what you have to consider during care and storage so that you can enjoy your jewelry as long as possible.

925 sterling silver

Pure silver is brilliant white and the most highly reflective precious metal. Silver is very soft and can also be easily scratched. Hence, it is common practice to alloy pure silver with harder metals to improve its strength. Sterling silver is the most widely used silver alloy in the world. To be able to call itself sterling silver, the material must contain at least 92.5% pure silver. The remaining 7.5% can be composed of other metals, mostly copper is processed.


Steel is a very popular material for making jewelry.

We only use the most valuable steel, so-called 316L stainless steel, for our products. Stainless steel does not rust or oxidize, it is a very resistant material and particularly suitable for those who have an allergy, e.g. against nickel.

Gold Plating

The thickness of the gold layer is decisive for the durability and quality of the products. The thickness of the gold plating is given in microns. The specification in microns is independent of the weight and thickness of the base and only expresses the thickness of the gold layer.

The 18 K Gold Plating

Different alloys are used to gild a piece of jewelry. Carat is a denomination of fineness. The fineness refers to the proportion of gold that is contained in an alloy. 1000 parts of an alloy are divided into 24 carats. With 18 carat gold plating, 750 out of 1000 parts consist of gold, with 14 carat gold plating, however, there are only 585 parts. A piece of jewelry that is 14 carat gold plated is therefore always milder in color than 18 carat gold plating.

14K Gold Filled

Gold filled is a real alternative to pure gold. This type of gold plating is still rather unknown in Germany, but it is already number 1 and a hit in the USA. Visually there is no difference to real gold.

A high-quality alloy of 14-carat gold (585 gold) and another metal (copper, brass, sterling silver) is rolled on in a special process and permanently bonded to the carrier metal at welding temperature. The gold layer is now approx. 100 times thicker than with normal gold plating, as we know it in Germany (gold plating / plating). So it is NOT a thin layer that flakes off quickly, but a real alloy. This makes it much more valuable and more resilient. The thick gold layer creates a visually beautiful, high-quality quality that everyone can wear (especially suitable for allergy sufferers who can only tolerate pure gold).


So that you can enjoy your jewelry for as long as possible, we want to give you the following tips on the way.

  • It is best to take off your jewelry whenever you do sports or work up a sweat
  • Body lotion, hairspray or perfume are also not good for your items, so you should avoid contact with them.
  • Salt water and swimming pools are harmful to jewelry. They attack the surface and rub it off. Therefore, you should always take off your jewelry before swimming. But who likes to part with their favorite parts?
  • Keep your jewelry in a dry and dark place.
  • Always use the enclosed jewelry box or a jewelry pouch for storage.

You can easily rinse and clean your jewelry with mild soap or cleaning lotion and warm water. Then you can rub your jewelry dry with a soft cloth or polishing cloth. Please make sure that your jewelry is completely dry before you put it back in the packaging or in your jewelry storage.